BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Black Korean Drama Review [Warning - A lil bit of Spoiler]



I just finished watching Black recently. Black is a korean drama which consists of 18 episodes. Somehow for me, Black is kinda new genre. I used to only watched those kind of melodrama or comedic type. But Black is more of thrill and also mystery. Not really focusing on love story

Minus the final episode? Black definitely is one of my fave drama. But with the finale? I feel extremely disappointed with the whole way they concluded the drama. Just.. blerghh =/

I like every detail that the script writer has made with the drama. With a little twist here and there. And oh here came the unexpected. I totally love. When you thought the main culprit is that one person, turn out to be the other person. This drama is lead by Song Seung-Heon and Go Ara.

A simple synopsis of the story. It's a story about grim reaper(444) took over a detective's (Han Moo Gang) dead body in order to retrieve back his partner that went into the human world back again by taking over another person's dead body. Before dead, Han Moo Gang met a special human (Kang Ha Ram) who has the ability to see the "shadow" of the grim reaper. After 444 took over Han Moo Gang's body, 444 took advantage of Kang Ha Ram's ability to retrieve back his partner that went missing. Only Kang Ha Ram that can see the shadow in the human's body. On his way to retrieve his missing partner, Han Moo Gang or 444 unintentionally solved different kind cases which connects to one another and also connected to his old self.

So yeah what about the final episode? Disappointing? Why? After seeing lots of people dying or dead in 17 episodes, on the final episode 444 requested for himself to perished from this world and requested that those memories about to him be erased from everyone's mind. So it was like hitting a reset button and the mess that happened for 17 episodes just went... totally wasted. I don't know to use what word. Just wasted man =|

In the final episode, Kang Ha Ram's parents didn't go into the accident which is I don't know how this supposed to connect with 444 perished. Kang Ha Ram lead a simple and ordinary life without 444 in her mind at all. Suddenly they show the already old Kang Ha Ram hearing stories about 444. The next day Kang Ha Ram sat in front of the house at the yard and died. So she met again with 444 and she remembers him. Like wtf, Didn't all the memories were erased from everyone mind? Like blah3 I hate the ending. I would prefer a rather dark ending than this kind of "fairy tale" ending which totally had ruined the whole dark drama. 

I just don't know about other but am not fond with the ending. Sucks totally. Doesn't make any sense at all. I've read somewhere that this whole idea of the ending was the idea of the director and not from the script writer herself. If this is true, that stupid director totally have wasted such a good drama with  such kind of ending

Overall I can only give this drama around 7/10. If it wasn't because of the bad ending, I would totally give around 9.5/10. And why I gave it 7/10? Because the other 17 episodes saved the rating. Good drama with bad ending

Well this is just based on my opinion. Chiao 

blog comments powered by Disqus